I have many interests and being a writer allows me to share them with others. Elsewhere on my website, you’ll find a growing library of articles along these themes:
- Travel: Road trips are currently my favorite form of travel, but anything that lets me see or experience something new works for me. I support the mission of the Society of American Travel Writers and I’m working to collect enough “points” to become a member. As a journalist, I share information about my travels and pay my own way. In other words, I’m going to share facts and information and do not receive compensation or gratuities from people or places I write about in my articles. If you have a travel blog or edit a print publication and would like to use my work, please contact me.
- Flora and fauna: There is so much variety in our natural world. I’m an amateur botanist and love to try to identify the living things where we live and travel. Mushrooms and flowers are easier to photograph than antelope (as an example), but I try to get photos of birds and animals, too. (And, yes, I know the “antelope” we see in the American West are really pronghorn. And our “buffalo” are really bison.)
- My Writing Business: I use this website to showcase samples of my work and to connect with clients. Currently, I am not accepting new consulting clients and have limited time available for editing. However, I am expanding the time I make available for travel writing and custom website content. You’ll find many samples of my writing on this website and via links to material published elsewhere.
- Cooking: There was a time that I didn’t bother with anything that couldn’t be prepared, start to finish, in less than 20 minutes. But in recent years, I began experimenting and started to enjoy cooking. From time to time I’ll share my recipes here. In case you’d like to try my recipes, I include a link to a printable PDF of each recipe.
- Photography: You’ll find a lot of photographs on my site and I have a large archive. If you’d like to use one or more of my photographs, here’s how.